Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Yellow Doggie


                                                      (click to enlarge)

After minutes of scouring for suitable bonsai materials, I finally gave up. I found the existing stock to be mediocre in quality. I was already on my way out when my eyes spotted a yellow-barked bonsai material concealed behind the inferior materials. According to the caretaker, it's not for sale.

Yellow doggie stood approximately ten inches tall with good taper. The center is hallowed with natural shari (deadwood) adding character to the tree. It had several shoots coming out from lower trunk all the way to the apex. There was no doubt in my mind I can make a nice bonsai out of this stump. All I need is to convince the caretaker to sell me the tree. After a long negotiation, I successfully bought the tree.

I'll be posting pictures of the developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment